Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:10 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
I'm not really feeling the screwed-ness, to be honest. Remember that Athena has her own weaknesses. She's quite weak physically - we just haven't noticed since she has such high speed and evasion. She also is facing seven students with a total of 21 actions to her 5, which means that if one or two of us devote ourselves to shutting her down, the rest can tear her apart.

I'm not sure what runes you have, but you can certainly do something to shut her down - confidence to break her keen (overconfidence leading her to see false weaknesses, removing confidence to make her have difficulty striking them) for example. You can use lightning to screw up her neural impulses, or use lightning metaphorically to "shock" her and make her unable to focus. You can also cast a trap that will conduct the ether back to her - I'm guessing this isn't an established property of your rune, but magnetism would certainly fall under its purview.

Think creative!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:33 am 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Thats right. This may be the tutorial, but remember, the rune powers I sent are just suggestions. They are concept runes -- you can do whatever you want with them provided the theme matches. So, no using lightning to say, stir a pot of pasta or build a skyscraper.

You are are, in fact, doing really really well. I honestly don't know if I can win with the limits I set her to. We'll find out ^_^

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:48 pm 
I'm letting you guys know now, a month ahead of time, the weekend of October 20th will be swamped for me. Im playing in a 24 hour marathon for Children's Hospital. If you're curious, go here: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fus ... ntID=34577

Nobody has to jump on it, but I figured I'd let you all know about it ^^

It's my first year, so I'm kinda proud of it.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:36 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
What if we have a pasta stirring device or a skyscraper building device that's powered by lightning? Oh! Could we make the skyscraper out of lightning?!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:46 pm 
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
I had a REAPER in Resonating Spirits which could generate an electromagnetic field that could emulate any weapon. It'd effectively use the field to create a phantom solid. Point being? Shoot the moon.

Also, as an FYI? The only rune I have right now is Final. Anyone else want to share their unused runes to help strategize?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:53 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I wanted to call that final action [Newton's Revenge; Non-First Law Compliant] but thought that would be a bit much.

My Runes are Force, Lightning, and Confidence. I can use my Shift for healing, if I really really want to.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:55 pm 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
I have no unused runes. ^_^

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:03 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
We can (can't?) see that. I'd like to know... What's Asche's motivation for staying so secretive? Is she trying to keep Athena from reading her moves?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:11 pm 
You could create lightning elementals, and tell them to stir the pasta. (They make lousy architects, though. Too short an attention span).

Alexis has three runes, and has used them all. His Dark Rune uses his conception of Dark; he can't use it to trigger fear, but he can use it to protect and to heal; similarly, Sonic can enhance his natural echolocation (Athena deflected that the last time he tried to use it). Cold is just normal cold.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:20 pm 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Best as you can tell Asch is always fairly secretive in battle. In a grand melee like this she usually falls back at the start and jumps in later. Her shift requires a gathering of data; if she can gather data outside of a fight I imagine she's more involved from the beginning.

While I can't necessarily tell you everything I've found (since Asch doesn't trust Serpico with the information and thus she doesn't say it out loud) I can at least tell you the runes I've used so far in classified sequences.

Mystery - Classify Evidence
Illusion - Identify Illusion x2
Mystery - Examine Evidence
Mystery - Investigation
Mystery - Classify Evidence

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:20 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Harmony only has one Rune, appropriately named... Harmony.

The thing is, however, that she has the ability to 'emulate' a lot of Runes through tuning into a specific thread of music via her Shift. Furthermore, she works as a very good enabler, since she can combine two similar effects into a single larger effect (Resonance) or two different, but similar in concept effects into a different effect (Tremolo).

As it stands, she can only tune to three threads of music... but that said, that can be any combination. As it stands right now, it will be Fire/Ice/Passion. It could have just as easily been Fire/Fire/Fire (which gives much stronger fire effects), or Wind/Life/Love. The more threads she tunes to though, the higher chance that MUSE glitches and does something random.

It takes an entire action to tune/untune from a specific thread of music, so I can't constantly swap out slots without reducing what I am actively contributing to the battle.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:42 pm 
Chandi's runes are Wind and Mutation, and I've used both.

The first is pretty obvious. Air pressure, gales, breezes, etc.
The second means that I can alter paths and potency, change properties and purpose, and in the strongest case, completely alter an object, or a set of objects. The bigger the change, the greater the use of EP.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:44 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Color, Speed, and Ink. Ink and color are mainly used for the Shift, but have secondary uses. For example, i just fired its elemental quality directly at another object, altering it.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:13 am 
Alrighty people.

Our first match is running smoothly, Athena's being hard pressed, everyone is getting the system wonderfully. It's time to release our first minor patch. Tonight I will be addressing either Racial Perks or Shift systems that are slightly broken, overpowered, or else just need a solid system assigned to them.

This comes in place of a post tonight... but then again I may hit a stride and want to do both. Go ahead and discuss here if you'd like, but otherwise I'll be locking this thread down when it's done and posting a fresh OOC with our patch notes.

If I have to make any MAJOR changes, I'll be PMing you about them so I can get you approval or rebuttal. There's only 1 that comes to mind right now, however, but we'll see as the night goes on.

I'm starting now!

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG