Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:30 am 
I think you're doing okay.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:12 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Completely unintentially, somehow Maya is very close to being an expy of Sakaki of Azumanga Daioh.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:43 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
CCC, im not a JERK. the spear has a return function as long as its using system techniques.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:00 am 
Apologies. I did not mean to imply that you were. Though I had expected a different solution to that problem (a combination of cheap, plentiful spears and extra carrying capacity for javelinists, possibly to the point of ignoring throwing spears entirely. Or a class feature that lets them pick up and throw anything in reach as a weapon; rocks, tree branches, dwarves. There's lots of potential solutions.) The one you chose is nice, but despite skimming the help file Clarence seems to have missed that bit.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:21 am 
I weighed the options and decided that since MMOs are so often about the gear disposable type weapons were less app ealing

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:32 am 
Just to confirm - a one-turn cooldown means I can only use that ability every second turn, right? That is, the cooldown starts counting from the turn after I use the ability?

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:01 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: NekoFlashblade
How the heck did a dashing Iai strike put Karie in the center of town?

Edit: I mean, I'm yes-anding it, I'm just a bit confused as to how long of a range it actually is.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:41 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Im counting mine as CD starting after use at 4 turns -- if it should be 3, please say so Ferret and I'll edit.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:28 pm 
Ok, players, as I am editing this post for the second time, its a heads up. Basically, you will be receiving slightly altered character sheets. As im still adjusting things, there isnt much difference. The main one is that you have listed HP now, based on your stamina and class. And, even more so, your Gear has been given a new stat block, that reflects the Astra Gear system. Here is a sample, borrowed from Ruan's sheet.

Chain Mail: Starting Gear Class. No Add ons.

+1 = 1 Power Astra. Increases Damage Reduction

0 Elemental affinity. 1 Magic Astra change

Level Up: xxxx Vest (greyed out). 1 Power Astra/2 Magic Astra

As you see, it starts with the gear's name. Then it describes the basic cost to increase the weapon or armor by a "level." a basic, short upgrade. Next it notes its Elemental Affinity, which is changed by using Magic Astra, like leveling. Finally, it describes the Gear Up. This is all currently available gear forms that can be made with the current armor form. This can be changed by the level of the weapon and the elemental affinity, to gain new paths.

Finally, I will note that Smithers don't have a huge change for their element. Tieresias will be able to add higher levels of Shadow Element for cheaper Astra costs, and have a penalty on Light. other than that, he will gain specific techs, whether it is short weapon boosts or specific items that can be made. NPC and rival PC Smithers will be met during the game as well, so don't feel you have to put it all on poor Q.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:11 am 
Sorry that i haven't posted the next step yet, after being such a hound getting each of you to select your items and what not. Mostly, it was that I was really busy today, and it disrupted my concentration and didnt give me enough time.

Rest assured the post is coming, I absolutely plan to do it tomorrow(And will probably be hounded to the ends of the earth if i don't. )

And its going to be a big one, I' still mulling over how the system feels to play so far, and what happens next will be, in many ways, the stress test. I hope you enjoyed how easy the first battle was.....

Also, to prevent getting bogged down on one thing, I'll need rabbit and Q to contact me as soon as possible. There are some selections to be done in the forging request, ad it'd be best to get that done half off screen so I can simply report on the result.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:55 am 
CCC. Please clarify your action. Flame wall ts a battlefield wall tech rather than direct attack. Where are you placing it? And in what shape . you have about 25 feet of wall if wretched thin, to place in any config.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:06 am 
I'm trying to place it where the Oakbear is standing, in the hope that it will take at least some damage from the flame wall before it moves out. The shape would probably be a thick lump under the Oakbear (trying to engulf it in fire) with any excess wall trailing out in a line behind the Oakbear, where it won't get too much in anyone else's way.

Clarence is hoping that the fact that it is not, technically, a direct attack will mean that the Oakbear doesn't get a chance to use anti-magic defenses to cancel out the wall.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:49 am 
CCC. show me the spot where you equpped the staff instead of your starting weapon please. in battle weapon change is one action (you have to select it in the menu)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:50 am 
Way back here, before the battle began. Clarence also had the plague staff in hand here, if that matters.

He swapped it out originally on the basis that any new gear should be better then his starting gear, or what's the point of having the new gear?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:54 pm 
Ok. Evidence provided. Explanation accepted.

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG