Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:55 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
This is my first new game in a while; but hey, winter break is coming so I should be able to keep up with it. This is different from the normal midieval things I run, but I figure I'll give it a shot. ;-) This should get VERY intersting as things progress (or at least I hope so).

In the scheme of things this game won't be very long timewise, heh... actually, playtime-wise this shouldn't be very long, either.

The Players:
A group of people (8 Max, please), some who know each other, and some who don't (work with others to make ties if you want), all in their teens-early 20's. These are real-world people of today; no knights or magical characters, sorry.

The Story:
The suburban town of New Summerset (I didn't think I put Jersey; I was right, I didn't) was a fairly standard community: crime was low, employment was up, the highschool football team was doing phenominal this year, a new addition was being built on the public library. Normal life continued on, with students going to class, learning and preparing for college. Some stayed at home, commuting to the local cummunity college in Brunswick, the next town over, while others went off to more presigous universities. Life was good...

...until October 30th, the day before Halloween. That's when the trouble started. The trouble that might never end.
---

To give away more now wouldn't work; the game starts as you play through the 30th. The only thing I'll say is watch 'Groundhog Day' with Bill Murray, and you'll get an idea.

To sign up, say you're interested here and PM me your character; like I said, I welcome ties being made between characters. Just set it up, let me know, and I'll let you know if it's acceptable: good ones are co-worker, boy/girlfriend, brother/sister, etc.

;-)

Oh yes, and I'll answer any questions as best I can, within limits of not giving away the story.

EDIT ADDITION: This game has been described as 'Groundhog's Day meets Stephen King' when I explained the story to Anonamous Board Member #345, so that can give you good guage of what's to come.

Ok, so it's not New Jersey. Sheesh. (#345)

Last edited by Celadon on Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:29 pm 
Well, kinda hard to make relatioships if I don't know anyone else's chars, but mine's on the way.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:38 pm 
So far so good. :-D My list of victims grows, muah-ha-ha...

Game Roster wrote:
FTM - Rolf Deichmann, 19, Athlete
Skitz - Joe Flanagan, 19, Eagle Scout / College Student
Kiroth - Melanie Leung, 19, Writer / College Student
Dom - Jim Monroe, 27, Ex-marine / Mechanic

Last edited by Celadon on Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:49 pm 
EDIT: I'll be running this after all; yay!

Last edited by Celadon on Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:02 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
im half interested. like the circles game, i might just play as myself, though.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:05 am 
AOL: FritzFrosch85
Oh, I am interested, and will indeed be playing myself.

Joe Flanagan, nineteen, is a student at the Brunswick Community College, having migrated back home after deciding to stop persuing an Engineering Degree. A long time Boy Scout, Joe reached Eagle just under the time limit, and still attends meetings occasionally. Couple that with having been an Altar Server for over a decade at th elocal Catholic church, and you have one duty-minded moral compass-fixed dork. Thankfully Joe became fed up with all that after a while, and actually developed a bit of style, and personality.

Vital Statistics:

Height: a whopping six feet seven inches
Weight: 230 lbs
Hair: Dark brown
Eyes: Hazel, glasses

Interests: the school thing and the work thing, Joe is currently taking classes towards an Elementary Education degree, and hopes to get out of town again, back to a 4-year school.

You owe me, Cel.

Last edited by Skitzophrenik on Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:00 am 
AOL: kiroth6
heh I'm not sure I'll be able to post that much, but if you want me...

Melanie Leung

A nineteen year old aspiring writer who is unfortunately plagued with absentmendedness. She is currently in her second year at the University of Houston aiming at a double major in psycology and English. She has fully enjoyed the freedom from her beloved but slightly overbearing parents. She was raised Catholic but finds herself somewhat lax in the faith of late.

Afraid of seeming rude, she initially comes off as a shy meek girl until people get to know her. Then they mostly know her as nutty.

Height: 5"9
Eyes: Brown
Hair: black
skin: tan

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:32 pm 
This would be last call; I'm going to start this probably tomorrow or the next day, so if anyone else wants in now's the time to do it!

;-)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:54 pm 
Editing my Character a bit. Also: I'm in NY from the 30th to the 1st, ok?

Me and Kiroth decided out characters know each otehr. Friends in High School, Melanie is home for the weekend. Cel, what day (of the week) is Halloween on in this game?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:16 am 
So sorry; I told Kiroth, but didn't make it known here.

This game has Halloween on a saturday; which means the game takes place on a friday. That means it's either 2003 or something like 2009-2011, whatever it is; I'm going for 2003, but assume technology is present-day (it's easier that way than to make up 5 years of tech).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:48 pm 
Start da game yo dawg mofo boyeee.

(whut whut?)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:00 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
AOL: RiDdLeRhAnJiNoMe
Is it too late to join?? I'm confused as to if there are 7 or 8 characters right now

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:15 pm 
Apparently, there are four.

Celadon, the mainest of men wrote:
So far so good. :-D My list of victims grows, muah-ha-ha...

Game Roster wrote:
FTM - Rolf Deichmann, 19, Athlete
Skitz - Joe Flanagan, 19, Eagle Scout / College Student
Kiroth - Melanie Leung, 19, Writer / College Student
Dom - Jim Monroe, 27, Ex-marine / Mechanic

But I don't know if the game is closed or not, as last call occured last night at 11:32.

Celadon wrote:
This would be last call; I'm going to start this probably tomorrow or the next day, so if anyone else wants in now's the time to do it!

;-)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:20 pm 
Yea, I'm sorry, I've already written up some things to start the game, well... now.

*clicks padlock on door*

Now you're alllll miiiine.... *evil laughter*

---------------
Date: October 30th
Time: 7:07 AM
Place: Unknown

Morning in New Summerset today was like any other; the crisp fall air had just a tinge of frost to it, a sign of things to come. Few were up at this hour, but one was; a man strolled down a wooded path wearing a long flowing heavy cloak with the hood pulled up, looking to all the world like an ancient traveller from times long forgotten. He paused, sighing, his breath condensing in the air in front of him. There was little time left; but perhaps, time enough for one last attempt.

He nodded; this spot would do. Bending low, he retrieved a gnarled and rotting stick from the side of the path, and began to draw in the leaf-covered dirt with it. A circular pattern with intricate geometric shapes began to take form, with the man stepping carefully to avoid touching the lines already drawn. Finally, he tossed the stick away, forgotten, as he stood in the center of his design and began to mumble.

His words are lost in the wind, and the symbols on the ground begin to glow with a golden light as he finishes. These is a brief flash, and the man, symbols, and light are all gone. You stare at an empty clearing for a moment more, and then...

You wake up from that wierd dream. Looking over at your respective clocks, you see they all read 2-3 minutes before whatever the alarm would be set to on this day. Time to get up.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:39 pm 
In his second-floor room of his parent's house, Joe wakes up from his dream (do we remember it?) (Yes.) and shakes his head. Time to get up, I suppose. He goes to his desk, and flips on his computer, then sits down for a moment. A minute later the alarm clicks on, and begins blaring drive-time nonsence.

"Rise and shine, people! The fish was delish. {canned laughter} Wait for it, wait for it!{clowny sounds} And it made quite a dish." (LOL: I love Homestar.)

Joe picks up a high-ball glass with some coke at the bottom, and considers doing the radio in, but settles for drinking the soda instead with a grimace. He doesn't recall why he was up so late last night. Wait a second. I remember..

"Mel's home for the weekend. Thats right."

He hops up and grabs his wash stuff and heads to the shower.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG