Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:24 am 
Riding atop the giant Ding (together with both Monty and their plane), the Rodent Rangers head for the Professor's bus. It's big, yellow and currently floating above the city square in much the way that bricks don't, supported by a giant doughnut of helium-filled rubber.

It has attracted notice. Arrayed in the square below are policemen, police cars, plenty of military people and the occasional tank. The police have their hands full keeping civilians out of the square, but the giant bat attracts unwelcome attention from the military folk below; one of the tanks starts tracking Ding with its cannon, but nobody fires just yet. (The other three are pointed at the flying bus).

Through the windows of the bus, the Professor is visible in the driver's seat; four pillbugs, at about normal human size (meaning they tower over the diminutive Professor) are standing huddled at the back.

There's a helicopter approaching, but it's still quite a distance away.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:01 pm 
"Ok, guys," Hex begins, making sure Ding can hear as well. "I think we have two main goals here, bring down the professor and get him to shrink our friend, Ding, back to normal.
For the first, I think Ding is ideal right now, he should be able to poke holes in that inner tube pretty easily at this point with his teeth and claws. Doesn't have to be much, just enough to start letting the helium out and force the bus back to the ground.
Once that's done, Ding can fly off and just buzz the bus and act menacing until he has the professor's attention. With any luck, the professor will use his ray-gun to shrink Ding back to normal.
The rest of us will get into the bus, once there, we can try talking to the pill bugs. If they're anything like Ding, here, they've got to be getting hungry and staying up in that bus isn't going to get them anymore food. If they help us beat the professor, we'll be able to return them to normal.
What do you think?"

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:49 pm 
"Works for me. I can probably get the plane inside the bus, or we can try going in through the emergency exit in the roof. Getting out might be kind of tricky though."

Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:41 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
"Sounds good to me." Ding peers at the bus, trying to determine if there are any handily open windows. "I think I see an open window I can toss you guys in..."

(Spending a fate point to declare that there is, indeed, a handily open window on the bus - does the GM accept?)

Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:49 pm 
There is indeed an open window. In fact, there ate several open windows. One near the front, by the Professor; one at the back, by the giant bugs; and two or three inbetween, giving Ding a bit of choice with regard to where to throw his friends.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:31 pm 
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
"Alright boyos, I'm going to try and get you through one of those windows. Hold on tight." Ding flies toward the bus, aiming for the largest available window. When he gets there, he'll try to get the plane in as gently as possible... as well trying to work Monty in as well.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:27 am 
Buck fires up the engines on the plane to help guide it through the window, and then head for a good hiding spot.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:24 am 
All the windows are the same size; so the Rodent Rangers (and Monty) and up entering by the nearest window, at the rear, near the giant bugs.

Buck: Piloting: +5 Roll: +2 Total: +7

Buck manages to easily guide the small plane to a landing in the back of the bus. Unfortunately, their entrance hasn't gone unnoticed; there's three, huge, human-sized pillbugs looking down at them. (Buck has managed to land amidst a large and not very neat pile of travel brochures; the Rodent Rangers can hide amidst them fairly quickly if they want).

Monty rolls up his sleeves and marches towards the nearest pillbug. "So these are the bad guys, roight? Well, Oi'm gonna give 'em the thrashing of their lives!"

The giant pillbugs snigger as Monty takes up a classical boxing pose. The Professor doesn't appear to have noticed his visitors.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:51 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Avery squints at the pillbugs. It's hard to tell any details, at their distorted size, but anything's worth a try to keep Monty from getting stomped. "Hello," she calls to the bugs. "Don't I know you?"

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:14 pm 
Avery: Contacts: 5 Roll: +0 Total: +5 Target: +7

The first pillbug looks at the second pillbug, who shakes his head. They both turn to the third pillbug, who shakes his head. Finally, the first pillbug shakes his head at Avery. It seems that none of them recognise her.

Monty charges forward, fists swinging.

Monty: Fists: +5 Roll: -1 Total: +4
Pillbug: Athletics: +1 Roll: +0 Total: +1

Pillbug: OOXOOOOOOO

The pillbug gets punched in the tail. It looks down at Monty and grins a very wide grin, then attempts to kick him.

Pillbug: Fists: +0 Roll: +0 Total: +0
Monty: Fists: +5 Roll: +1 Total: +6

Monty easily dodged the clumsy kick, allowing the pillbug to unbalance itself in the process.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:33 am 
Meanwhile, Ding proceeds to divebomb and tear at the rubber inflation that is holding the bus aloft. His goal is to rip open a hole that'll allow the air out. Sloooowly.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:36 am 
Ding...

...bounces off. He swoops back to try again, getting a good grip on the inner tube this time...

Ding: Might: +2 Roll: -2 Size bonus: +7 Total: +7
Giant Tyre: Elasticity: +2 Size bonus: +9 Total: +11

The inner tube has been enlarged even more than Ding has. He grabs hold of the rubber in his teeth, and with his wings, and tugs as hard as he can; but before he can break through the thick, tough rubbery coating, there's a shout of surprise from inside the bus.

It seems that the Professor has finally noticed Ding.

And it's no wonder. With Ding's weight on one side of the inner tube, the entire bus has tilted to one side. The pillbugs, noticing the giant Ding, all quickly roll up defensively, presenting their chitinous armoured exoskeletons to the world (and, in the process, rolling along the inside of the bus like giant wheels); and the professor reaches for something in his pocket.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:39 am 
Ding wings off to give it another try.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:42 am 
CCC wrote:
Avery: Contacts: 5 Roll: +0 Total: +5 Target: +7

The first pillbug looks at the second pillbug, who shakes his head. They both turn to the third pillbug, who shakes his head. Finally, the first pillbug shakes his head at Avery. It seems that none of them recognise her.

Monty charges forward, fists swinging.

Monty: Fists: +5 Roll: -1 Total: +4
Pillbug: Athletics: +1 Roll: +0 Total: +1

Pillbug: OOXOOOOOOO

The pillbug gets punched in the tail. It looks down at Monty and grins a very wide grin, then attempts to kick him.

Pillbug: Fists: +0 Roll: +0 Total: +0
Monty: Fists: +5 Roll: +1 Total: +6

Monty easily dodged the clumsy kick, allowing the pillbug to unbalance itself in the process.

"Whoa, Monty, hold up," Hex exclaims. "I don't think these are the bad guys. I think they're as much victims here as our friend Ding outside. The guy we want is that red-headed step child in the front seat." Hex motions towards the front of the bus. "I was hoping maybe Ms. Avery could convince these guys to help us stop Professor Numbskull."

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:47 pm 
Buck zips to the front of the bus, to perch on the dashboard in front of the professor. His paw hovers over his laser, twitching slightly as he gives the professor his best Clint Eastwood glare.

"Do you feel lucky, Punk? Well, Do 'ya?"

Should the professor indeed feel lucky, Buck will attempt to blast the professor's hand, to get him to drop whatever device he may be holding.

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG