Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:08 am 
Incidentally, had Ding accepted the first compel, he'd have finished off enough apples to grow to the size of an adult human before stopping. Had he accepted the escalated version, he's have had to use the truck entrance to crawl out, and either way he'd have faced some very nervous armed policemen. (The escalated version might have even presented a military response as well, a tank or two).

You wouldn't find enough apples in that warehouse for a second escalation. Anything that gets escalated twice is seriously bad news.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:28 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Hah. We think alike, apparently. That's exactly the scale I figured you were going for with the compels. But, as it is, it's hard enough to get around town at his current size, and I still have Fate Points to spare.

I do have to admit, it -was- very tempting. When I saw the escalation there was definitely a little part of me in the back of my head that went 'oooo, this could be fun'.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:00 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Do we have any method of getting in touch with the other group?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:11 pm 
You could have Ding fly up into the air and wave and hope they're outside and looking up, or you could find a warehouse storing fireworks and try to attract attention.

But no, you don't have any dedicated channels of communication. (I believe that when you split, the idea was that Kip and Buck would find Ding when they wanted to rejoin you).

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:28 pm 
Investigating is good.

Investigating the bus (still rising) or the warehouse? There's stuff that can be found in either.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:37 am 
Congratulations on the promotion CCC! You are more then deserving of it.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:48 am 
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Figured that'd work for the consequence of the compel, if that's fine with you. Flying into something edible at full speed is pretty in character for Ding, after all.

Plus, I have this image of him looking at the airship and seeing the world's largest chocolate donut.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:04 am 
He's definitely hungry enough to start seeing hallucinations, but I think the big problem is that he'll be fainting from lack of food soon. This happens if one ignores one's stomach for long enough.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:46 am 
Okay. Ding's back in action (if somewhat bigger than before), the plane's in poor repair but Buck can probably get it up to the flying bus in one piece if he flies carefully and doesn't strain it (it's an open question whether he can get it down again). Monty's around if anyone wants to introduce themselves/ask questions; he's given them a lead to the likely existence of a fully repaired plane (Geegaw's Screaming Eagle), but it'll take quite a while to get there.

What's the plan from here on?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:27 am 
What -is- the plan? Ding's best bet will be dropping you guys off and then staying flying - he'd be worthless in a fight inside the bus, but could probably distract the hell out of the Professor by attacking from outside.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:45 am 
Ding can't fit through the door of the bus anymore. He can poke a head or a wing in, no more.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:38 pm 
As I said - he's worthless inside the bus, which means he'll be attacking from outside - so where do you want to be dropped off at?

---

Tends to help when I post in the correct game thread. :riff:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:34 am 
Just realised I forgot to include the Professor's extra two points of Composure for his +3 Resolve. Not exactly major in terms of effect on that last post, but I needed to edit it in.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:35 pm 
Dom/SlimKop wrote:
Kip aims again and shoots at the professor.

"There's no way this can go wrong!"

:)

Kip gains temporary aspect "Cliched comment of doom!"

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:02 pm 
And if Kip gets a negative result on his roll and misses badly enough, I'm going to give him a compel that starts escalated. At three Fate points.

Dun dun dunnnnnnn!

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG