Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:21 am 
Ding flies over a warehouse, losing the fourth police car to pick up his trail. Being higher may disguise his size, but it makes it harder for him to escape the sight of any car that's already following him...

And from this height, he's got very little chance of being able to spot any of Avery's contacts.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:49 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
After making certain that he's shaken off the last of his pursuers, Ding swoops down toward the warehouse, making a cautious landing on the roof of the place. "Any idea where we can find these contacts of yours?"

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:46 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
"Old Tom is probably over that way," Avery says, pointing. "And if Monty's in town, he'll be near the cheese warehouses."

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:24 pm 
The last of Ding's pursuers is just on the other side of this warehouse. This warehouse full of apples... succulent, juicy, delicious apples whose scent touches Ding's nose like the sweet scent of water to a man lost in the desert...

Compel: Ding: the Hunger strikes again

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:08 pm 
Hex makes a quick hop down from Ding's back as soon as the bat lands and looks around.

"Let's try Tom first," Hex says.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:05 pm 
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
(Buying off the Compel)

Ding shakes his head and fights off the urge to feast. He doesn't need to get any larger than he already is. He just had to land on the apple warehouse.

"Well, you folks know where you're going, presumably. You lead, I'll follow."

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:38 pm 
Ding's stomach makes a complicated rumbling noise and reminds his head that it is very, very empty. His mouth waters, and between the two they make a concerted effort to outvote his brain.

Escalation! It now costs two Fate points instead of one to buy off this compel - but if it's not paid off, the consequences could be very severe indeed.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:57 am 
(Counter-Escalation Buy-Off! Because Ding probably -would- become a kaiju if he ate all that fruit!... though if you escalate it again, I'll probably allow it to happen just to see how the hell they prevent him from devouring the place.)

"Might be a good idea to hurry up guys. There's some apples in this warehouse, and they smell really... really... *shudder* really good."

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:02 am 
With a truly heroic application of willpower, Ding manages to drag himself away from the apples, following Hex in the general direction of Old Tom. His stomach makes a disappointed sound.

He's going to dream of those apples tonight.

As he heads into an alleyway, he hears a police car screeching to a halt outside the apple warehouse. "Where'd it go?" asks a voice shortly afterwards. It's probably a good thing he's not in there, snacking...

--------------

"Eh? Who's it?" Old Tom, as it turns out, is a mouse with a metal leg (a screw with a harness to attach it to the stump of his leg), and eye patch, and a hook for one hand. It seems he doesn't see too well out of his remaining eye, either.

"Who's there?" he asks again, peering short-sightedly at Avery and Hex. He lives in a small mousehole in the side of a warehouse (much to Ding's relief, this warehouse is filled with boxes and boxes of screws, not anything edible at all). Unfortunately, Ding can't fit in the mousehole anymore; fortunately, Old Tom is sitting near the entrance, so Ding can still see what's going on from outside.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:02 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
"Tom, darling," Avery says, swooping in for a warm hug. "It's me, Avery. These are my friends Hex and Ding. How have you been? Do you know, I've discovered the most charming little bodega? Rufus Halftail runs it, and he stocks the best crisps a mouse can buy. I'll have some sent down to you so you can taste for yourself. This is Old Tom," she announces to Hex and Ding. "He always knows what's going on around here."

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:37 am 
"Avery?" Old Tom leans forward and peers at her face. "Avery. m'girl! How've you been? Crisps, y'say. eh? Crisps? Hah! You don't get proper crisps these days! Why, I once put ta sea in a crisp! Or on a crisp, perhaps. Not the best move in shark-infested waters, you realise, but I had no choice! They made crisps properly in those days!" His single eye peers blearily at Hex. "So yer Ding, are yer?" he asks. "An' let me guess, Avery dragged you down here 'cos yer on some stupid personal quest or somethin', right? Like Lord whatsisname, right? Somethin' got stolen from you an' you think Old Tom knows who did it? Well, he doesn't! No-ones been stealing anything down here for months, except from humans, and that don't count! Not even the Twins! An' they don' tell me if they have, at any rate!"

Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:32 pm 
Ding seems content to let Avery negotiate, though he does listen in with some curiousity. In the mean time, he settles down and relaxes, focusing on subduing his hunger.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:27 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
CCC wrote:
His single eye peers blearily at Hex. "So yer Ding, are yer?" he asks. "An' let me guess, Avery dragged you down here 'cos yer on some stupid personal quest or somethin', right? Like Lord whatsisname, right? Somethin' got stolen from you an' you think Old Tom knows who did it? Well, he doesn't! No-ones been stealing anything down here for months, except from humans, and that don't count! Not even the Twins! An' they don' tell me if they have, at any rate!"

"That's Hex, actually," Avery corrects him in a kindly manner. "We're looking for a human. Short for a human, red hair, wears a lab coat, carries a ray gun, drives a yellow bus. I told my friends, nobody knows what's going on like Old Tom does! So? Have you seen this human? Or heard anyone talking about him?"

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:46 am 
"Yeller bus?" asks Tom. "Looks like a giant hunk o' cheese? Ha! You remember ol' Monty? 'Course you do! Well, it turns out he had this idea that anyone drivin' a bus that looks like cheese must 'ave something to do with cheese! Ha! I once went twenty days on a plank with nothing but a piece of cheese to keep me alive, and let me tell you, it's a good thing ol' Monty wasn't there or I'd have starved! Only survivor of a shipwreck!" He peers blearily at Hex again. "So what do you want with a cheese bus, eh?" He turns to face Avery again. "That human's rented a warehouse three warehouses down that-a-way." he adds, pointing. "Got a whole lot of wood dragged in, and hundreds of tanks of helium. Oh, an' a bicycle, an' a cage with some bugs in it. Don' know so much about ray-guns."

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:53 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Avery gives Tom a warm kiss on his cheek. "You're the best! Did you say Monty saw the yellow bus? So he's in town? Maybe he could help us out!"

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG