Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:37 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
"This is the famous Monterey Jack, and this, apparently, is Zipper."

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:06 pm 
"Howdy, names Buck, Buck Wilkins. Nice to meet you."

Buck thoughtfully wipes his hands clean on a piece of rag before offering to shake hands.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:58 pm 
"Monty fer short." says the big mouse, shaking Buck's hand vigorously (and crushing it in the process). "Adventurer an' world explorer! Ye name it Oi've bin there, and tasted the cheee-heeeese!"

"Hz, Bzzk!" adds Zipper, shaking Buck's hand in turn (fortunately, Zipper is unable to crush anyrodent's hand). "Z'm Zzzzzr!" It obviously takes practice to understand what this little fellow is saying.

"So what d'ye do with yer time?" asks Monty, politely.

Ding, having finally munched down the contents of three crates, finally feels that his hunger is temporarily sated. He's also the size of a small car, with a wingspan that is best described as "unbelievable". Neither Monty nor Zipper have turned around recently, and they appear to be unaware of his rapid pear-fuelled growth.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:25 pm 
"Eh, mostly tinker around with various inventions and gizmos, as well as my real passion, flying. I'm lucky enough to get to do both working with my friends."

Buck notices the now considerably larger Ding in the warehouse behind Monty and Zipper.

"Err, just so you are aware, something odd is going on with my friend Ding, The bat you helped out earlier? Anyways, a mad scientist blasted him with some-kind of growth-ray, and now, well, anytime he eats something he gets quite a bit larger. So don't panic about the Bat Of Unusual Size now standing behind you."

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:23 am 
balthazar wrote:
"Eh, mostly tinker around with various inventions and gizmos, as well as my real passion, flying. I'm lucky enough to get to do both working with my friends."

"Yer a pilot? Ye ever met a fella called Geegaw?"

balthazar wrote:
"Err, just so you are aware, something odd is going on with my friend Ding, The bat you helped out earlier? Anyways, a mad scientist blasted him with some-kind of growth-ray, and now, well, anytime he eats something he gets quite a bit larger. So don't panic about the Bat Of Unusual Size now standing behind you."

Monty and Zipper turn around, and see the considerably larger bar looming over them. With a squeal of fright, Zipper dives behind Monty.

"Too-ra-loo!" says Monty, staring. "That's the biggest bat Oi've ever seen!"

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:10 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
CCC wrote:

"Geegaw!" Avery says in wonder, more distracted by recollections than Ding's size. "I haven't heard that name in years! He was my parents' pilot before ... before. How is he? And his little girl?"

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:56 am 
CCC wrote:

"Can't say that I have..." Buck replies absent mindedly, before shouting up at Ding.

"Oi! Ding! You feeling any better?"

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:25 pm 
"Oi 'avent actually seen 'im since Zanzibar." admits Monty. "'bout eighteen months ago. He might still be a teensy touch upset over that incident. But a year an' a half ago, they were both doing as well as a roo in its mother's pouch!"

"If you ever want a chat," he adds to Buck, "or need a pilot in a hurry, just head for the ol' wrecked B-14 outside the airport. Geegaw's a roight friendly chap, an' the Screaming Eagle's a roight good plane. By the way, Avery, you seen Dave around lately? He still owes me a piece o' Brie."

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:33 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Ding, who is now rather large (to put it lightly), looks down at the others. "I'm fine and flapping free. Ready to go when you guys are."

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:27 am 
"I don't suppose you'd be able to carry the plane up? I'm not sure how long it'll hold together, and if I have to find out, I'd rather do it on the way down then on the way up."

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:36 pm 
At Ding's current size, the plane will be as light as a feather. A tiny feather. He's big enough that he could probably lift a human into the air if he wanted.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:16 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
"Shouldn't be a problem. It does look rather... tiny, from this perspective. So do you, at that."

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:39 am 
"Well..." Monty looks over at the giant bat as Ding carefully picks up the plane and loads on the Rangers, and grabs hold of the bat's tail as he takes off. "Yer not thinkin' o' 'avin' a punch-up without inviting ol' Monty, are you?" he asks.

Zipper rolls his eyes, and follows at a safe distance, as the Rangers head for the Professor's bus.

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG