Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:38 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
CCC wrote:
Big Bob is standing exactly where Avery left him, staring vaguely at the horizon. No-one appears to have bothered him,

"Will you walk me back to Clutchcoin Mansion, Bob?" Avery asks. "I'll fix you a snack when we get there."

Post Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:21 pm 
CCC wrote:
"Killed? How - wait, you mean Lou? Why would Lou want to attack anyone?" asks Foxglove. "What's all that about?"

Big Bob is standing exactly where Avery left him, staring vaguely at the horizon. No-one appears to have bothered him,

"Lou, I assume that is the name of your spider acquaintance, is not the gentleman you seem to have envisioned, Miss Foxglove," Hex states, sighing deeply as he watches Avery leave. "He somehow got a hold of Kip's weapon during Winifred's abduction of the Police Chief's toupee, and when Avery and I chased him to recover it, he attacked Miss Avery. I was lucky to have been able to beat him off before she became injured. Suffice to say, there was no chance it was a mistake or misunderstanding."

Post Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:05 pm 
"Ice cream?" asks Big Bob, hopefully, as he follows Avery.

Their route takes them right past where Avery left her car. Aside from that, the trip is uneventful.

--------------

"But - surely it's got to have been a mistake of some sort." insists Foxglove, almost pleading. "I mean, um, maybe he wanted to return it to Kip personally? And maybe he didn't know you knew him."

Last edited by CCC on Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:24 pm 
"Foxglove, I'm sorry, but during the attempted theft of the moon rock, both Lou, and, I think his name was Spud? Mud? The Snake, dropped statues onto the people guarding it, including two police officers. It was only because of Hex that one of them managed to avoid the statue meant for him and help us catch Winifred. As it is nobody ended up with anything worse then a bad headache, but still, someone could have gotten very seriously hurt, or worse. These are not the friends you think they are, and in my opinion they're not worthy of your friendship."

Post Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:40 pm 
balthazar wrote:
"Foxglove, I'm sorry, but during the attempted theft of the moon rock, both Lou, and, I think his name was Spud? Mud? The Snake,

"Bud." says Foxglove.

balthazar wrote:
dropped statues onto the people guarding it, including two police officers. It was only because of Hex that one of them managed to avoid the statue meant for him and help us catch Winifred. As it is nobody ended up with anything worse then a bad headache, but still, someone could have gotten very seriously hurt, or worse. These are not the friends you think they are, and in my opinion they're not worthy of your friendship."

"That's horrible!" gasps Foxglove. "Maybe - maybe they didn't realise? I mean, I know they both tend to be a bit rough, but surely they wouldn't really hurt anyone, on purpose I mean?"

She herself doesn't seem to realise how thin the straws she's grasping at are.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:10 pm 
CCC wrote:
"That's horrible!" gasps Foxglove. "Maybe - maybe they didn't realise? I mean, I know they both tend to be a bit rough, but surely they wouldn't really hurt anyone, on purpose I mean?"

She herself doesn't seem to realise how thin the straws she's grasping at are.

Hex gives her a look that says he clearly isn't buying her excuses. "I know it's hard to hear bad things about people you consider friends, but I think you also realize that what we're saying fits your own intuition about these people, even if you don't want to believe it."

Post Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:39 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Kip had been keeping quiet, letting his companions talk while he worked through some things in his head.

"Foxglove, they must have killed those lightning-bugs, Lou would have killed Avery and Hex if he had the chance and both your companions and Winifred had no problem stealing anything they needed. I'm sorry, but you were working with the bad guys."

Post Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:56 pm 
"But... but..."

Kip: Rapport: +1 Roll: -2 Total: -1
Buck: Rapport: +0 Roll: -1 Total: -1
Hex: Rapport: +1 Roll: -2 Total: -1

Foxglove glances between the Rangers, from one to the other, tears beginning to well up in her eyes. "But they can't be!" she insists. "They were always so nice! Well, except sometimes they said stuff that sounded a bit mean, but then they laughed, so it was all just joking, right? I mean, surely! It's all - it must all just be some great big misunderstanding, I'm sure of it!"

She suddenly reaches a decision. "I'm sure Winifred can explain it all. So how about Kip and I go and ask her about it? We'll see that it's all a great big misunderstanding that way, alright?"

Post Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:01 pm 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
"I'm sorry, but it was likely they were making fun of you. Saying something mean, is mean. Whether they laugh at it or not."

He rubs his ears as he thinks.

"Well, she's probably in the holding cell right now, so we could get in."

He looks over at Hex.

"Hex you seem to know a bit about this magic stuff. I'd like you to come along as well."

He smiles at Foxglove.

"Hex is a good guy, and if Future Buck is right, it's likely that Winifred was the cause of you becoming a giant. I'd feel better if he went along with us. I hope that's okay with you."

Post Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:06 pm 
CCC wrote:
She suddenly reaches a decision. "I'm sure Winifred can explain it all. So how about Kip and I go and ask her about it? We'll see that it's all a great big misunderstanding that way, alright?"

"Perhaps that is best. Would you mind if I came along?" Hex asks. "I haven't met Winifred, just Lou and Bud, and I must admit a certain professional curiosity towards meeting a fellow magician. Buck, would you mind flying us over to the police station to find her?"

Post Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:21 pm 
"No!" objects Foxglove. "I mean - not him, please!" She indicates Buck. "He might want to kill me one day - he scares me. Both of you other two, fine, but please not him! I just... I just don't feel comfortable with him, okay?"

Post Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:33 pm 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
"Well, it'll be slower, but Hex and I would be happy to go along, right Hex? We can catch a cab or something."

He waves to where he'd seen Avery, before realizing she'd already left.

"Well, I guess Buck is headed back on his own. We'll see you back at headquarters Buck."

Post Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:36 pm 
Buck nods.

"That's understandable. I hope you change your mind one day."

"Looks like you guys are taking The Bus. I'll go see if Avery wants a ride. See ya later."

Buck heads back to the plane, and will see if he can find Avery. She couldn't have gotten too far, and flying beats walking any day.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:10 pm 
The traffic is nearly at a standstill, as the humans stop to stare at the coffeeshop crater. However, Hex, Kip and Foxglove manage to navigate fairly quickly to the police station; meanwhile, Buck easily catches up with Avery (fortunately she hadn't gone far; she doesn't seem to be heading back to Rodent Ranger HQ).

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG