Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 164 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:46 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FritzFrosch85
The Jaynestown Lady makes her way out of her berth at the Antigoa Station dock, leaving that ilrepaired backwater port in her wake. The newly shifted spars creak as they settle, the crew runs up the ratlines and the sails are sheeted home as she comes round to catch the solar wind, and suddenly the Lady's sails fill and she is running with the solar wind and solid station is behind her.

Antigoa sits at the intersection of two busy space-lanes. Trade all along the dozen Silar and Anthrope colony worlds and Stations at this end of the Antilles Cluster run to the west, and to the north are nine small Human worlds that are a way away from the main body of Human controlled space. Warships from the Human and Silar Empires clash in this region, but trade, mostly carried by the Anthropes still goes on despite hostilities, and pirates prey on merchants and couriers alike.

The Jaynestown Lady has four months' food; the crew is Fit, Rested and Happy.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:14 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Adande has been doing the work of two or three sailors, near enough -- when she decides to do something, she doesn't do it by halves, usually meaning she achieves a fully spectacular failure. She's also been keeping a protective eye on Teigl, both jealous and proud of how much the officers and crew seem to like him.

She mostly keeps her mouth shut at the moment -- a new experience for her -- but if asked, will vote to prey on a small merchant ship heading toward a Silar world.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:24 am 
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Dr, Kyle has failed to find any rum (and Cook has gotten the sherry locked up again), and so is leaning against the railing on deck, sick, sober, and sombre. He makes occasional retches over the side, but absent of any booze, there's nothing to purge, which doesn't make him feel any better.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:40 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: Giltaras
AOL: Giltaras
Deck comes up to the top deck, and looks around. Seeing the tall Silar leaning over the side, it approaches cautiously. Its approach becomes more confident as it realizes the doctor is not actually vomiting. I see you are suffering from withdrawal. I left a present for you in your infirmary. There's not a lot, but it's strong. Perhaps you can make it last until we next make shore? Deck had previously removed a bottle of strong Native alcohol, distilled from a hallucinogenic Native plant, from its locker and left it in a hidden nook in the infirmary.

Without waiting for a response, Deck heads over to the Bosun. There seems not to be much firing of the guns, sir. Until there is, I suppose that means I am yours to command. What do you need assistance with?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:55 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Teigl is busy. Busy keeping an eye on the crew, training them up to his standards. Busy making sure Adande is happy . . . less unhappy. Busy hanging out near the galley in hopes he'll be called on to taste something . . .

Though the captain has the choice of where to head, Teigl posits that hanging out in places with a lot of cover that they can map out before hand, like say an asteroid field, would be a good idea.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:55 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Grillick wrote:
Without waiting for a response, Deck heads over to the Bosun. There seems not to be much firing of the guns, sir. Until there is, I suppose that means I am yours to command. What do you need assistance with?

"Gah!" Adande jumps a mile. "I command you to stop creeping up on me with your mind talky-talking! Go away! No." She calms herself firmly. "Don't go away. Help me with this." She indicates whatever nautical task she's doing at the moment. "And, uh ... " She tries to remember Teigl's explanations of small talk. Ask personal questions, right. But not offensive ones. Adande frantically discards 99.9% of what she'd usually say to a native like Deck and blurts, "So, you like ships, huh?"

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:43 pm 
I'm sorry, sir. I have no other way to communicate than this. It turns to help Adande with whatever nautical task she is doing. It does not appear fazed by the inordinate length of time that passes before Adande asks her question. Ten minutes later, when the question finally comes, the Native shrugs its shoulders a little. Ships I can take or leave, but all the best guns are on ships. I love guns, so I hang out on ships to be around them.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:51 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Grillick wrote:
Ships I can take or leave, but all the best guns are on ships. I love guns, so I hang out on ships to be around them.

"You would." Adande scowls. "Ships are the only thing good in this world. Guns are only good for ripping them up. You can keep your guns." She squints at Deck's face. "What do you even eat, anyway?"

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:55 pm 
Well, if you don't want the guns, I'm sure you could convince Captain Scott to remove them. No doubt all the pirates will just let us go by unmolested. I don't eat. My skin converts light into energy, and absorbs chemicals from the air.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:57 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
"You got a problem with people that don't eat?" the doctor slurs, stumbling over to loom at the Bos'n or Cox'n or whatever the heck that angry Anthrope is called.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:13 pm 
Spangler clearly not only does eat, but clearly has eaten. The volume of material leaving his stomach over the rail is a clear testament to this.

He's somewhat green of face and a little pale; his main aim at the moment appears to be making sure that he leans over the rail in time not to leave a mess on the deck.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:14 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Grillick wrote:
Well, if you don't want the guns, I'm sure you could convince Captain Scott to remove them. No doubt all the pirates will just let us go by unmolested. I don't eat. My skin converts light into energy, and absorbs chemicals from the air.

"You think you're real smart, huh? Snooty mind-talking-talking, make everyone think like you, huh?"

FreakyBoy wrote:
"You got a problem with people that don't eat?" the doctor slurs, stumbling over to loom at the Bos'n or Cox'n or whatever the heck that angry Anthrope is called.

Adande feels her adrenaline rise as the other telepath comes nearer and nearer. It's an attack! They're flanking you! Defend yourself! No, don't! No punching, remember? She completely forgets what either the gunner or the doctor has said as she returns absent-mindedly to her task, doing the same step over and over. I wish I had one of Teigl's hidey-holes right now.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:34 pm 
Deck's shoulders slump a little. I can see you are busy. I will leave you alone. It heads off just as the irate doctor is approaching.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:38 pm 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Teigl is hanging from one of the masts, getting a feel for the way the ship handles under sail. It certainly was cherry, but it might just shape out to be a good ship after all. Battle would be hell on the rigging, though. Perhaps he could run a few drills to get the crew in shape for what may need to be done.

He nimbly climbs down from his perch and drops to the deck near Deck, landing with bent knees and a grin at how the ship is shaping up.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:47 pm 
Your friend is not very friendly. I am impressed you have managed her so long. Deck's passionless eyes look at Tiegl as he lands. But you have done amazing work with the rigging. I believe I may be able to get off an entire salvo without damaging them now.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 164 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG