Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:30 pm 
CCC wrote:

The delay has, however, been enough for the snake and spider to get well out of sight; though the bit of paper the spider dropped is still visible on the pavement.

Hex will scramble his way down to the ground level and attempt to collect the paper before it gets blown away.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:39 pm 
inspiration wrote:
"I could see if I know anybody at the cafe," Avery says. "Get you a really good table. Oh, and flowers! You should bring her flowers! Bats like flowers, right? Everyone likes flowers!"

Avery: Contacting: Difficulty: 4
Skill: +5 Roll: -2 Total: +3

Avery can't think of anyone she knows who works at that particular restaurant. She does, however, know several florists.

Warbeard wrote:
Hex will scramble his way down to the ground level and attempt to collect the paper before it gets blown away.

It appears to be a list. The first several items (including such things as elephant earwax and lobster lips) are crossed out; the three items at the bottom of the list that are not crossed out are:

Lightning Bug Bulbs
Chieftain's Hair
Moon Rock

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:25 pm 
CCC wrote:
It appears to be a list. The first several items (including such things as elephant earwax and lobster lips) are crossed out; the three items at the bottom of the list that are not crossed out are:

Lightning Bug Bulbs
Chieftain's Hair
Moon Rock

"Well, I guess we know what they want the lightning bug's for," Hex says as he returns to the group, holding out the paper for the others to see.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:57 am 
"Hang on a sec, does that say "moon rock" or "moon stone"?"

Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:01 pm 
The words on the paper are, indeed, "Moon Rock" and not "Moon Stone".

Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:11 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
"Now, about your outfit," Avery chatters on, "I find having the right clothes for the occasion always helps. Your first instinct will of course be to buy something new. Don't do it! Wear your favorite clothing instead. It will make you feel less nervous and more like yourself. Oh, you'll have to tell me all about it, if you think Foxglove won't mind!" she adds, a little wistfully. "I've set up lots of other people, but I've never been on a date myself."

She finally comes back to the present and thinks. "I know some chiefs, but not any chieftans. The human Chief of Police is going to be giving a commendation to police dog Pluto and his human assistant tomorrow in the park. Why would anyone want his hair, though? The human Chief's, I mean. Pluto has very fine fur."

Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:19 pm 
inspiration wrote:
She finally comes back to the present and thinks. "I know some chiefs, but not any chieftans. The human Chief of Police is going to be giving a commendation to police dog Pluto and his human assistant tomorrow in the park. Why would anyone want his hair, though? The human Chief's, I mean. Pluto has very fine fur."

"Why would anyone want most of this stuff," Hex asks rhetorically. "Except for the moon rock it's all seems to be just a bunch of useless junk. There are certainly better ways to light a place than using fireflies. I'd almost say they were collecting props for some sort of Hallowe'en party or something."

Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:07 pm 
CCC wrote:
The words on the paper are, indeed, "Moon Rock" and not "Moon Stone".

Buck sinks into thought.

"The only Moon Rock that I know of is at the New Amsterdam Museum. Part of a new aerospace exhibit, I was planing on dropping in myself sometime. Anyway, the crowning Jewel of the exhibit is a genuine Moon Rock, Brought back by the only manned mission so far. The display opens Saturday, but I know that everything was moved in well over a month ago."

Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:36 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
"Should we try to follow the snake and spider?" asks Avery. "I'm sure we've lost their trail, but maybe they dropped some more clues! Or someone saw something! Hmm, do I know anyone in the sewers around here?"

Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:49 pm 
The sewer gangs tend to be somewhat nomadic; moving about as whim and fortune take them. Avery does know a few members of sewer gangs (though people she knows often end up moving out and finding different occupations, perhaps due to her influence) but there's no way to tell whether they'd be in the area or not.

The plane won't fit through the sewer grating; you'd have to leave it behind to go down there.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:47 am 
inspiration wrote:
"Should we try to follow the snake and spider?" asks Avery. "I'm sure we've lost their trail, but maybe they dropped some more clues! Or someone saw something! Hmm, do I know anyone in the sewers around here?"

"Nah, they're probably long gone by now," Hex says. "I'm thinking we should probably make plans to attend Pluto's commendation ceremony tomorrow. It's not much to go on, but I certainly don't know any other chiefs. If that doesn't pan out, we'll stake out the Museum for a few nights. Though I guess we'll have to let Kip off on Friday night for his date," he finishes with a conspiratorial grin at the squirrel.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:55 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Kip, head buried in his hands, just sighs.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:33 am 
New thread

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG