Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:08 am 
Save the squids! Cut loose the catfish! Set free the salmon!

We now have a new OOC thread.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:31 am 
Shiney. It still has that New Thread Smell.

Just out of curiosity, which way is the wind blowing, if any?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:21 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Okay, if I wanted to try and tag something about Fat Cat to make this easier to believe, such as "Always has a scheme" or "Wants to be the Top Cat" do I just tell you in my post that is what I want to do? Or PM? As I understand it, if that is similar to something he has, I get a bonus, and lose a Fate Point. Right?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:01 pm 
balthazar wrote:
Just out of curiosity, which way is the wind blowing, if any?

There is little, if any, wind. Buck can't tell if he's drifting with it or not, but if he is he's hardly drifting at all; if he looks down between his feet, he still sees Fat Cat.

Dom/SlimKop wrote:
Okay, if I wanted to try and tag something about Fat Cat to make this easier to believe, such as "Always has a scheme" or "Wants to be the Top Cat" do I just tell you in my post that is what I want to do? Or PM? As I understand it, if that is similar to something he has, I get a bonus, and lose a Fate Point. Right?

You only lose a Fate point is it's an aspect you already know about. Aspects that you guess correctly but do not know about previously can be used for free; once only, and immediately after making the guess. (This also applies to aspects that you place.) Other than that, yes. You can tag Fat Cat's aspect in the main thread, in the OOC thread or via PM; I'm not going to be too fussy.

If you get it close but not quite right, I'll also let you know what the aspect you got close to is called. If you guess an aspect that's not on my notes but should be, then you'll never find out that it wasn't on my notes to start with.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:28 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
What's the carrying capacity of a seagull taxi? How many members of the RR could he hold?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:36 pm 
Usually, about four rodents. He could hold the RR, but not the crabs as well.

Though, given his demonstrated landing inability, the crabs don't look like they're particularly interested in a ride in any case.

Seagull taxis generally want paying, but Avery would hardly notice the fee (usually a bit of food; it'll probably carry them all if given the rest of the smores).

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:43 pm 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Cool! I'll keep that in mind.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:25 pm 
Another case completed successfully; a short one, but Fat Cat needed introducing. Is there anything anyone would like to do before raising the curtain on the next case (one which will start out with a certain bat calling in a favour)?

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:44 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Avery has a container of shell polish (probably a little sample-sized bottle of some human cleaning product) sent to the crabs, with her best wishes and hopes that they'll talk the Rodent Rangers up to the other beach creatures.

She also has an extra mini-bag of chocolate chips sent to the seagull, with promises to call on his services in the future, if they're ever at the beach and need no-landings-necessary air support.

She throws a block party for all the people who live and work near their headquarters, making sure to get the food and drink from Rufus Halftail, the snack store shoprat.

Also, she tries really, really hard to get her colleagues to accompany her to more art shows, operas, and symphonies (or whatever the New Amsterdam tiny creature equivalent is).

--

I'm sorry I still haven't drawn up anything for their headquarters. The sticking point I keep coming back to is finding a way for it to have both roof access and a garage/mechanics shop, while still being plausibly rodent-sized. But I'm sure you guys can come up with way better ideas than I have so far!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:49 pm 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Did we come up with a name yet? Helpful Hands? Animal Adventure Agency? Daring Detectives?

Kip will be exploring the city thoroughly. He will be taking classes in fun stuff, finding social groups to join that are fun (Language, Martial Arts, Crafts etc.) and taking cases.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:09 am 
Buck continues to work on the plane, and allows himself to be dragged around town by Avery at regular intervals.

Inspy, for the hanger, don't worry about having roof access to the garage/ mechanics shop. The way I see it is that it's more of a standard aircraft hanger with lots of tools. Any aircraft have to land outside before moving in.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:36 pm 
inspiration wrote:
Also, she tries really, really hard to get her colleagues to accompany her to more art shows, operas, and symphonies (or whatever the New Amsterdam tiny creature equivalent is).

Someone's gone to the trouble of putting seats up in the rafters all all the major theatres and opera houses; not to mention ladders through the inside of the walls. The humans below can't see rodents sitting way up there, but the rodents have an excellent view of the stage...

From Avery's point of view, she simply buys a ticket, climbs a few ladders and takes her seat. There's even usually a concessions stand up there. Though they generally sell their popcorn by the kernel.

inspiration wrote:
I'm sorry I still haven't drawn up anything for their headquarters. The sticking point I keep coming back to is finding a way for it to have both roof access and a garage/mechanics shop, while still being plausibly rodent-sized. But I'm sure you guys can come up with way better ideas than I have so far!

I can think of three options; a cargo lift (I'm sure Buck can oblige), a structure that extends above ground as well as below (disguised as a small mound, perhaps) or the careful exploitation of a hollow tree.

Dom/SlimKop wrote:
Did we come up with a name yet? Helpful Hands? Animal Adventure Agency? Daring Detectives?

Kip will be exploring the city thoroughly. He will be taking classes in fun stuff, finding social groups to join that are fun (Language, Martial Arts, Crafts etc.) and taking cases.

Rodent Rangers.

Next case should be up in a day or two. Probably two. It will start with the Rangers on their way home from the opera. Buck's plane has been completed (just today - this opera is presumably to celebrate the completion thereof), and should work, but only Buck himself has any idea how to pilot it. As he will, in fact, be doing on the way home.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:03 pm 
Did we ever settle on what exactly this plane is capable of? I think VTOL was being kicked around for awhile.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:18 am 
inspiration wrote:
Avery has a container of shell polish (probably a little sample-sized bottle of some human cleaning product) sent to the crabs, with her best wishes and hopes that they'll talk the Rodent Rangers up to the other beach creatures.

The crabs are grateful for the polish, and there's a rumour going about on the beach that some rodents beat up a dozen cats. Not many people believe the rumour, but it's getting repeated often enough that people are seriously wondering what sparked it.

inspiration wrote:
She also has an extra mini-bag of chocolate chips sent to the seagull, with promises to call on his services in the future, if they're ever at the beach and need no-landings-necessary air support.

He's glad about the chocolate chips, and promises to look out for them should they ever visit the beach again.

inspiration wrote:
She throws a block party for all the people who live and work near their headquarters, making sure to get the food and drink from Rufus Halftail, the snack store shoprat.

Rufus is glad of the customers, and rodents all about are cheered by the party; the name of the Rodent Rangers is slowly starting to spread.

inspiration wrote:

Presumably with occasional success.

Dom/SlimKop wrote:

He finds several fun social groups; the success of Avery's attempts to get the word out becomes clear when someone tries to tell him about 'this bunch of detectives or something' that she'd heard about from a friend.

balthazar wrote:
Buck continues to work on the plane, and allows himself to be dragged around town by Avery at regular intervals.

The plane is completed; a tilt-rotor craft with VTOL capabilities and neatly upholstered seats (beige). While comfortable, it's not the fastest craft about, though it has plenty of range; with its large wings, though, it doesn't need to be fast to stay airborne. It can still keep up with a car (as long as the car is not going flat-out on the freeway, anyway) and can at least hold its own in a race against most birds. And it can certainly fly far further than any bird. The propellors run off a set of batteries (so positioned that they can be changed in-flight if necessary), and the plane will glide quite safely if power is interrupted for any reason.

It is, thus far, unarmed, and Buck's the only one who knows how to make the controls work at the moment. (There is a full set of co-pilot controls as well, but all that means is that Buck can pilot it from either front seat).

There is seating for five rodents, two in the front and three in the back (just in case a passenger is ever required).

Next case will be up shortly.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:33 am 
Who's sitting in the other front seat, next to Buck? Or is that being left empty?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG