Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:08 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
*puts hands over ears* LALALALALA Don't spoil it!

Post Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:30 pm 
Are you kidding? I'm having far to much fun to spoil it.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:39 am 
Dom/SlimKop wrote:
OH MAN! I just figured out the plot and it is AWESOME!

...I hope that's just the plot of Case 1 and not the overarching metaplot.

I don't think I've given any clues to the overarching metaplot yet, so I think that's still safe...

balthazar wrote:
Dom/SlimKop wrote:
OH MAN! I just figured out the plot and it is AWESOME!

I've actually seen this one before, but decided to just go with it. Having lots of fun to!

Yes... basically swiped the idea behind this one from an episode of Rescue Rangers. I thought it would be easiest to start off like that, while I got more of an idea how to tailor adventures more to the characters present.

That and I wanted to introduce a particular villain.

balthazar wrote:
Heh, google "Faraday Cage." There are actually pictures of Nikola Tesla reading inside of one while a great murthering electrical arc jumps to it, and then away from it to it's other end. Mine won't last more than a single strike, the wattage will vaporize it. Fortunately, copper plasma/vapour is still highly conductive, so it will completely negate that one strike.

Hmmm. Fair enough.

Did you know that christmas lights make excellent conductors? There's plenty of those in the party shop.

balthazar wrote:
As for the car, we'll keep the rechargeables, but replace them with whatever we have on hand. So long as the voltage matches up, there won't be any problems. you could run it on button batteries, (which wouldn't last very long) up to however large you have on hand, (in this case D cells) all you have to do is wire them properly. After the car is running again, we tie balloons to it till it floats, then maybe more ballast and balloons, then I rig a set of propellers to it using the rear wheels to power them. Rig in a set of fins to steer with, and afternoon rush hour suddenly becomes a whole lot less frustrating. Plus Buck gets to fly something, YAY!

What are you using for ballast? There's only so much space in the car. You can use the lighting-up fans as propellers, and as an added bonus they have their own direct D-cell power so you don't even need to connect them to the car...

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:19 am 
CCC wrote:
...I hope that's just the plot of Case 1 and not the overarching metaplot.

I've only seen a few episodes here and there, so no worries....
CCC wrote:
Did you know that Christmas lights make excellent conductors? There's plenty of those in the party shop.

Unfortunately X-mass lights are heavy and take up lots of room, and I don't have time to split the wire strands apart and take off the insulation. I'm trying to lift about 2 kilometers of wire off the ground using balloons. (more then necessary, but better to be safe.) As is I'm probably going to have to tie balloons into the wire at intervals so that It will actually float. And 20 rolls of hair-fine copper/nylon blend thread is alot easier to handle and deploy.
CCC wrote:
What are you using for ballast? There's only so much space in the car. You can use the lighting-up fans as propellers, and as an added bonus they have their own direct D-cell power so you don't even need to connect them to the car...

ballast is more batteries, and whatever other asst. miscellania we can get our grubby little paws on. And who said anything about putting it on the car? I intend to sling it under it, with grocery bags and rope. Good idea with the light-up fans though, that's going to save oodles of time, yay for rigger tape!

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG