Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:36 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
As the light clears, you find yourself in a different place entirely than the chamber where the book resides. The rustle of leaves surrounds you; you stand in an apparently endless forest of massive trees. The dense canopy overhead blocks out much of the sunlight, and moss covers most of the ground not already claimed but the mighty oaks. There are distant sounds of wildlife, but the forest around you has grown deathly quiet on your arrival.

OOC: 2 weeks, 10 pages, or sufficient stagnancy.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:57 am 
OOC: Typically, I don't like to make the first post, but here goes. ;-)

The dark-haired man takes in the forest with a look of disgust, then glances over at his opponent. "Nature's not really my thing, but at least this clearing with make a nice final resting place for you... however temporary or fake it may be. The name's Donovan, by the way." With a shrug, he raises his right hand and points a palm at the man. "No hard feelings."

A sickle-shaped projectile of dark energy rips through his palm, arcing it's way through the air towards R'ldel.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:13 pm 
R'ldel blinked then frowned, unsure of what had just happened, but spun to face the other being again when it spoke. About to reply, he was taken by surprise when it raised its hand and the strange light came out, but he knew enough to not want to be hit by it. Diving down and to the left, R'ldel tries to avoid the projectile (i'm not positive, should i be saying weather it hits or not?). Breathing quickly, he struggles to his feet, then draws a strange looking sword and buckler. Circling so one of the ancient trees half blocks the path between them, he tries to glance over his shoulder to see what the light the other thing had thrown had done to the forest that had been behind him.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:05 am 
OOC: Yes, that's the general idea. One person attacks, the other responds. Reverse, repeat, etc.

Donovan begins moving forward, his hand going up to the hilt of the chained sword on his back. Just before reaching it, however, he pauses and frowns down at his sword hand and instead removes two vicious-looking serated daggers from his belt as he starts circling R'ldel, looking for an opening.

The sickle of dark energy strikes the side of a tree at the edge of the clearing, tearing out a chunk from near the base. The wood creaks under the added torque, but the tree remains upright.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:56 am 
Sighing slightly in relief for the forest and the fact there there might be cover capable of shielding him, though he would still not like to be near anything hit by it, R'ldel tucks his shield close to his body, out of the way of his sword arm, but free enough to snap up or down to cover most of his left side. His eyes flicker occasionally away from his odd foe, looking at the surroundings. It would be a good place to fight, if he could avoid damaging the trees too much. This forest was much like his own, and could do with some--well, no. If they weren't going to die it wouldn't get any meat. Still, he would see. He had no idea how the particulars of the spell worked, it wasn't his field. Clearing his throat, he remained mostly behind the tree but spoke. He would wait and see what the demon's next move was before attacking. It would do no good to rush in against a mage warrior, or whatever this thing was, without being careful. "They call me... R'ldel." He said carefully. It was not a lie, but it was not his true name either. and names sometimes held power. "I would say well met Donovan, but under the circumstances, i am not so sure. Tell me, what manner of beast are you? For what cause do you fight?"

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:04 am 
Donovan smirks, a gesture that doesn't quite reach his eyes. "A monologue? No, I don't think so. I'm human, or near enough, and I fight for money and power. That's all you get; satisfied?" As he speaks, the dagger in his right hand begins pusing with crimson arcs of electricity. On the word 'satisfied', the assassin casually flicks the blade in an underhand toss, embedding it deep into the tree R'ldel is standing behind.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:30 pm 
[shoot, really sorry for the extended silence. first quarter is drawing to a close and stuff is hectic.] R'ldel's eyes flicker sideways to the dagger and follow its path as it flies. Suspicious of why the other being might have thrown such a small dagger at a tree that would obviously block it, R'ldel quickly backs up to shelter behind another tree, this time covering him both from Donovan and the other tree, in case of splinters. In his time, R'ldel had seen some powerful explosive demonstrations of magic, and of what it could have done to a forest. Wetting his lips and cursing mentally, R'ldel speaks slowly and clearly while circling through more trees, moving faster when he was in the open, to get closer to Donovan. "No, i am not particularly 'satisfied' as you say. I find myself wanting food and drink, and to have this fight done with without any excessive harm to this forest, which i doubt is covered by the spells, and can therefore be damaged." He was careful not to let himself get distracted by speaking, and stopped when he was jusst over fifteen meters away, with one of the large ancient trees and another younger toppled tree between himself and Donovan. The toppled tree was about half way in between the two, and half under the ground, which had grown up around it. Clearly, this tree had fallen a while ago. If he was going to win this, R'ldel knew he would have to get closer, where his sword could be of use.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:59 am 
"I'm betting this forest is just an illusion, but thanks for letting me know what bothers you."

Donovan opens his empty hand in the direction of the thrown dagger, and the tree explodes in a blast of crimson energy. The blade flies back into his empty hand of it's own volition. The assassin takes a quick glance around the forest. "So, time for some woodcutting?" Both daggers begin to glow with the same electric power as before.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:42 pm 
R'ldel's eyes narrowed in annoyance, but he internally nodded slightly. He had been right to stay away from the tree once the dagger had been stuck into it. The thing clearly used mostly destructive magics along with his daggers. R'ldel could only hope he never found out what the story behind the sword was, or what it could do. All of his muscles tensing, R'ldel waited for an opening, eyes almost unblinking, body leaning slightly against the thick truck he sheltered half behind. The green pigmentation ring in his eyes expanded and eventually covered even the whites of his eyes, though his dilated pupils were unimpeded.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:51 am 
Donovan tilts his head slightly, watching his opponent's eyes change. "Interesting. Well, as fun as it's been to chit chat and dance around, time to see what you can do." The assassin beings moving towards his target, not rushing, but with steady, deliberate strides. He inverts the daggers, bringing his hands partway up in front of him.

If allowed in range, Donovan takes a wide right-hand swing.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:48 pm 
Mentally cursing at the fact that the other being seemed to be advancing and no longer chewing the fat, which might have provided an opening, R'ldel rolled his shoulders slightly and checked his range of motion. He remained halfway behind the tree, but set his feet into a stance that presented a smaller target, one more easily guarded by the buckler, to Donovan. Waiting till Donovan got within his longer range, R'ldel tried to take advantage of the fact that he had a significantly larger reach than Donovan, simply in the disparity of weapons. as soon as Donovan was within reach, R'ldel swung wide and horizontally, twisting with the strike slightly but not so much as to open himself up significantly. The ancient sword that was a large badge of his office whistled towards the other being, aimed roughly at the area between where a man's ribs would have stopped and where the hips began.

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG