Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:23 am 
AOL: shroudedtraveler
Sunil takes a step toward Riku before asking, "Why is it that Sephiroth could only be killed by one man?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:18 am 
AOL: APCauthon
Mist comes slowly out through the portal, and quickly moves to the side, taking in the simple beauty of the landscape around him.

Realizing a conversation is taking place, he steps back, and observes.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:48 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
"Unfortunately, Megaman Juno was deleted under authorization by Megaman Trigger when he became irregular and attempted to wipe the planet over which he had been assigned guardianship without cause. Although unfortunate, as a Class III bureaucratic model, such events are to be expected periodically."

He then withdraws his hand, realizing that it will not be shaken, and raises an eyebrow.

"I suggest following proper immortal disposal protocol during your next encounter with him, then."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:10 am 
Yahoo Messenger: scygnus_darkhawk
AOL: Scyngus3535
"Chop him into a hundred pieces and ship each one to a different planet?" Raifu asks Malach curiously, "The last one I helped take down we had a cadre of sorcerers seal and then split it in two." He withdraws the demonic half mask and spins it once before putting it away.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:58 am 
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
"Incorrect. Such a plan has a low probability of success over the immortal's lifetime. Planetary bodies often contain life, and location of one piece of the immortal inevitably leads to collection attempts. Instead, proper immortal disposal protocol is to incapacitate and immobilize the immortal, preferably by fossilization. Afterwards, lower the immortal into molten silicate rock, and cool the solution to solidity. Score the resulting solid until it is indistinguishable from a common asteroid, and place it within a disposable spaceship piloted by a mechaniloid. Such mechaniloid is to randomly generate a coordinate at least one parsec from any stellar bodies, fly to this location, deposit the solid with a proper intertial frame to render it orbitting the galactic core at the same rate as a randomly-found body one would expect to be there, generate another random coordinate, fly to this location, and self destruct."

Malach then looks a wee bit smug as he continues.

"As long as the immortal is properly incapacitated, the probability of an individual finding the immortal and freeing him from this state are so low, over the course of the existence of the universe, even assuming awareness of the method, that it is below the error in calculations of the greatest Elysian computational systems. Considering the accuracy of Elysian computational systems, one may safely approximate it to zero with no loss of accuracy. To date, ignoring the possibility of further disposal during my hybernation period, 107 immortals have been disposed of successfully using this method, and none have returned."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:20 am 
"Well excuse me for being from a backwoods planet, but how do you keep them from drifting into planets or areas where the Rules change?" Raifu asks, seating himself Indian style as he focuses on the discussion, "For that matter, how do you suppress their energy signature so that any passing sensor doesn't pick it up?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:54 am 
"As previously mentioned, deposit with the proper inertial frame to avoid drifting. Further, even if the immortal sheds energy, it is generally still unnecessary to suppress it beyond incapacitory measures, given the immense size of the galaxy. Provided that you avoid a parsec proximity to any stars, the probability of travelling close enough to pick up any energy readings beyond the level of background radiation is minimal. Less likely by a magnitude best expressed in scientific notation than the probability of discovery if on a planet.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:00 am 
"Makes sense." Raifu nods, "Entirely leaving out the question of incapacitating the immortal in question, of course. That's a matter of power, however. What do you do with one that you can't seal off completely? Of the three... no, one was mortal enough to die... of the two I've been party to temporarily disposing of, one was more a living concept than a physical being, and the other of godlike power. The concept is likely still bothering my homeland... which doesn't exist in the strictest sense... and the other is sealed, but capable of exerting its will to get itself where it wants to be. How do you deal with that?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:21 pm 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
As Mal and Raifu go off Riku's face slacks and he turns to answer Mist instead of listening to the gobble-d-gook. "Sephiroth and a man who was called Cloud had their souls binded... Cloud in a way was a clone of Sephiroth... The Chains of Memories that binded their souls together was abnormally strong... so much so that the only one's who could ever sever them were themselves... Sephiroth can die... but his body reforms if anyone kills him. Cloud was the same... until Sephiroth managed to kill him. Without that bond - Sephiroth will not stay dead."

Kairi on the other hand, takes a very deep interest in Malach and Mist's theories on immortal disposal and even adds her two cents at the end, "Won't need any silicate rock Malach... Sora was the one who sealed Sephiroth in just about the way you described - except he used his keyblade. And we solved the problem of even that slightest chance of a random encounter with a space object or planet or whatnot... We sealed him inside a Keyline Zone - The colorful stream you traveled through to get here was a Keyline... think of it like a wormhole, cept the one we put Seph in... had no exit. The only way he could have gotten out..."

Riku jumps in, "Is someone with a Keyblade LET him out."

Kairi agrees, "Not to mention FOUND him in the first place... you, me, Sora, Cid, and his family we're the only people to know where he was. It's disturbing he was let out. More so that someone pointed him at that Feudal planet. Ah... Riku what...?"

"I dropped off the guardians of that world in my office. Fox is going to help them get accustomed to life outside that world - they are hunting Sephiroth... he has their friends souls in a Materia - so if anyone will find him, they will first. What about Ganon?"

"Wasn't him. Was some stupid crystal bull... he's gone and fused together with his Heartless. And before you ask, no he's not a Complete again... he's what he calls a ComBine... and I think it was just a test, but it was extremely powerful. If he ever stabilizes it..."

"Yeeeeesh... ...hey where the hell is Sora?"

"He's supposed to be back now right?"

"That's what he sent to me last message... he went to Mobius right? Lazy bastard..."

Kairi sighs, "Oh well... we can only wait." She walks up the path and into the tree house, plopping down on a bright white beanbag, Riku follows and sits back on his purple one. All that's left in the way of the major beanbags besides guest seating is a jet black one."

"Well! I don't know about you Kairi..." Riku grins, "But I've got quite the team here."

"Oh? I think mines stronger. But this must be a little overwhelming to all of you. Before we get back to our missions and figure out what to do with you all, do you have any questions for us? About FIWP? About the Trinity? Radiant Garden or the like?"

OOC - Bit more RP for questions before moving onto the next phase... I would spent those JP if I were all of you.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:28 pm 
"And that is why I suggest the use of a drone. Regardless, please brief me about anything you believe I should know. Please remember that I have been in a state of hybernation for some time."

Upgrade: Michael+ and Salvation

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:19 am 
Raifu stands and shrugs, following the others up into the tree house. He seats himself next to where the actual tree shows through, leaning back up against it with a happy sigh. After a moment, his eyes pop open and he turns around to look at the bark underneath him with shock. After a moment he turns back around and smiles happily, eyes closed as he relaxes against the bark.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:58 am 
AOL: EagleScout8414
oog: Elysians are some kind of holy beings, right? Being a demon, would Seijuro sense this in some way? Even if it's just an 'unsettling' feeling in regards to his demonic nature feeling 'off' near a holy being?

ig: "I admit I am curious about this other world you describe, Radiant Garden: what it is like, what kind of person the local ruler is, the people and how they live and such. But you are not concerned about this friend of yours, Sora? It seems both groups here have faced some trouble, perhaps he did as well..." Seijuro says. "It may not be best to simply wait for him."

Uprgade: Soryusen

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:06 pm 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
After Zan comes out of the portal, he walks towards the beach and just sits down, within listening range but not saying anything. The beach is too soothing, the conversation to grim. While he listens and watches the sea, he meditates on his magics...

Upgrade: Ray Freeze, Breeze Rune

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:07 pm 
AOL: APCauthon
Mist nods as Sephiroth and Cloud are explained to him. "So we fight beings that can not be killed then?... Fun." He rolls his eyes.

upgrade: Kazan Juudan

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:54 pm 
AOL: shroudedtraveler
Sunil looks down for a moment, then looks up and grins. "It could be worse. You could be fighting them all by yourself."

Upgrade: Homing Raid, Shadow Portals

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG