Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:44 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
The Inquisition. Nothing but normal, if enlightened, humans, fighting things that are the Devil's servants on Earth, "blessed" with his unholy power and much, much greater than any mortal can hope to be. They are stronger, faster, and generally better in nearly every way. The only things an Inquisitor can to rely on is faith, gear, and the team. If any of those fail, you end up dead.

That doesn't mean it's hopeless, though. Your team has killed ghouls - those are lesser vampires, quickly made and unrefined - before. A few of you may have tangled with faeries, or werewolves, or goblins in the past. As a team in Flensburg, you've already managed to take down one, albeit young, full-fledged vampire, a young parasite named Simone.

Like all young vampires, however, she had a sire - an ancient creature named Gustav. Gustav was not happy about the death of his pet, and moved to attack the team that killed her. Working together, your Inquisition managed to force him back, send him fleeing.

Vampires never flee blindly, however. They flee to places of refuge, places they can fortify and defend if need be. Human puppets, ghouls, and even a few more lesser vampires are often in the retinues of an ancient, and all must be dealt with to destroy the master. It takes time to train and create these servants; eliminating them is often the best tactic before striking at the master himself.

Your Inquisition has tracked a pack of Gustav's ghouls to an abandoned warehouse in the harbour area; your best guess is about half a dozen. Though not full-fledged vampires, ghouls still often possess strength, speed and stamina beyond human ability, though they possess little intelligence - predator cunning, yes, but true intellect they lack.

Your team stands outside the warehouse, ready to move in and eliminate the ghoul infestation before it can wreak more havoc on the city.

The Inquisitors:
Brian Kent (Marauder_Pilot)
Daryl Brown (CCC)
Michael Ritter (Kayne)
Jennifer Andrews (Grillick)
Colin Lane (Kiroth 6)
Anton Mantok (Cat Awesome)
Sister Anna (spudman)
Johann Peintner (Mr. President)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:53 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: Giltaras
AOL: Giltaras
"Government" surveys the situation quickly, and jumps into action, as she is wont to do. "Colin, Michael, circle around back to make sure this is the only entrance. Be careful, though. Sister Anna, it may be good for you to go with them. Report back here in ten minutes or less."

"The rest of us will stake out the entrance and work on a plan of attack."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:04 am 
"I'm sure I saw that ghoul at the back before." mutters Daryl, staring at the door they went in by.

He's taking notes on how many were in the group, distribution of gender and ethnicity, and so forth. His camera is slung around his neck, his crucifix is in his pocket, and, wonders will never cease, he's even remembered to bring some spare ammunition.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:18 am 
Website: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=122705047
AOL: marauderpilot
'We should head in and try and find a security system. This place has gotta have a camera system or something, at the very least some alarms. We find them, then we've got the upper. Any way we can get some schematics for this place?'

Kent's welcome to a laptop, satellite internet, and whatever public information he wishes. Warehouse schematics probably aren't public, however, and he doesn't have governmental or diplomatic protection should he go around hacking - FB

Duly noted. I haven't decided if he's carrying a laptop anyways. Not in this mission, at any rate.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:45 am 
AOL: kiroth6
"Gotcha, Gov."

He flashes Jennifer a toothy grin and hoists his gun in his arms.

"Let's go, Mikey"

He hoists his gun and starts to circle around the back.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:08 am 
Website: http://www.sluggy.net/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=9988
AOL: larroisking
"I don't know why you're having them look around the back," Johann says from his position leaning on a telephone pole as he brushes long greasy hair out of his eyes and crushes his cigarette butt under his heel. "They're just ghouls, it's not as though you've any reason to expect them to be anything else. I've never seen a ghoul post a guard if they weren't told to do so. I still don't see why we don't just blow the whole building up."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:52 am 
"Perhaps someone did tell them to mount a watch." Daryl fiddles with his camera, adjusting a few settings. "Perhaps people would notice if we blew the place up."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:40 am 
Brian motions towards his satchel bag, pulling out a large brick of what looks like modeling putty. Which it obviously isn't.
'If we ever decide to go that route, I got us covered. I'm pretty sure we'll get poop for it, though.'

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:10 am 
Anton laughs, looking up from checking his gun. "I like it. Blow the building up, crush the things inside, get out. But all this planning is getting me antsy, lets just run in, shoot everything that moves, sort it all out after."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:28 am 
'Yeah, remember last time we did that? I had to double Robert's weight in double-aught silver buck after he didn't check a corner. I'm all for shooting everything that moves, but it's going to go a lot better if we've got an idea first. I'm going in to try and find a security system, everybody who's not looking for another entrance come with.'

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:29 am 
Yahoo Messenger: Giltaras
AOL: Giltaras
"Getting impatient gets us dead, Anton."

Andrews takes stock of the warehouse, noting any high windows that might imply a second level.

"And blowing up the warehouse is absolutely out of the question, except as a last resort. I don't want to have to explain ourselves to the police and the fire departments, not the least because I don't know if Gustav's minions are within them. Mike and Colin shouldn't take long, and then we'll have a better idea what we're in for. A cornered wolf is easier to kill, but more dangerous than one with an escape route."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:11 am 
Like most warehouses, the recon team finds that this one has a loading dock around back. The doors are of the standard slide-up garage sort, and are currently held in place by sturdy padlocks. No human could lift those doors without the key, and it'd take an exceptionally strong axe to break the doors.

Jennifer notes that there are no second-story windows on the front of the building. The south side, however, does sport windows on both stories.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:36 pm 
What time of day is it? (Is it daylight, and roughly how long until that changes?)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:42 pm 
It's about four hours after sunset. Vampires don't operate during daylight hours, and ghouls usually follow suit.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:17 pm 
"Have you considered an underground tunnel leading out?" Daryl takes out a small tape recorder and hits a button. "Note: consider underground tunnels in future."

Then he looks at the recorder, shakes it, checks all his pockets, and finally hits record again. "Note: next time remember tapes for recorder."

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG