Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Suggestions and Comments

Post subject: Posting in POOP
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:35 am 
The situation is as follows:
Some of you will be somewhat familliar with the discussion in POOP that resulted from a derailed thread in GC. The thing is that I have some information pertinent to the topic which has not been brought up yet. So, last night (by my time) I put in a POOP usergroup application. Today, the thread is almost at 10 pages, and I still can't post to it.
I'm not saying that the mods should be on-call at all times. I appreciate what they do, and how hard they work to keep spammers (and legitimate posters) in check.
But I'm wondering:
1. How long until I can expect to be able to post in POOP?
2. When a topic reaches 10 pages, how long must it rest before it is brought up again?
3. Does the introduction of new (relevant) information allow for a special case in regards to #2?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:26 am 
Y'know, I wonder if it would help if everybody who joins the forum here should be directed towards POOP at the very beginning so that they can decide whether or not to join. That's the only way I could imagine these kinds of problems being averted.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:27 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
the POOPing process has one point of failure. Wile E, and to a lesser extent Rit. Either of them can approve your application. I'll make a note on the modboard and you can PM Wile E.

I'm sorry I had to split the thread into POOP because I know a lot of unPOOPed folks wanted to discuss, but it was more than POOPworthy as you said.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:02 am 
quixoto wrote:
Y'know, I wonder if it would help if everybody who joins the forum here should be directed towards POOP at the very beginning so that they can decide whether or not to join. That's the only way I could imagine these kinds of problems being averted.
Heck, this is my fault in this case. I've been around for a fairly long time, and I just decided a while ago that there was no need for me to join POOP.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:08 am 
ACME Sales Rep.
ACME Sales Rep.
WLM: DesertSongDog
AOL: DesertSongDog
Oh yeah, this is what I meant to put in the POOP Conventions.

I do not check the POOP usergroup requests every day, I only check it every couple days. I only check the email that requests go to every couple days. So when you request to join it may take a couple days before you get approved.

Board index » Chat Forums » Suggestions and Comments