Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Suggestions and Comments

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:46 am 
I don't know how well the Sluggy team (and Shirt Guy Tom, for that matter) take to suggestions on stuff to buy, but I got an idea when I was visiting the Winchester Mansion. Pete can knock up a sketch in minutes, and you'll have... well, some more stuff to sell, anyway. I'll place a few words in bold when I'm finished if you wanna skip the backstory.

Anyway, I was doing the Behind-the-Scenes tour at Winchester Mansion in San Jose, California, and we got to a fountain with some stone toad fountains. There used to be four, the guide said, but, "One croaked, and we tried to ribbet it back together, but it didn't come out like we'd hopped." Or something like that. Terrible line, and we all groaned.

So this morning, I started thinking that I'd love an appropriate response to people pulling off terrible lines like that. That's when I got my idea:

Is it possible to make Pun Demon stickers? I don't mean anything fancy, just the Pun Demon and the Sluggy URL on one of those little round stickers like they give you when you vote. I don't know how'd they sell, but I thought I'd toss that idea out there.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:20 pm 
I know I suggested stickers and magnets to Pete himself once, and he told me that while it was a good idea, he probably wouldn't do it because the shipping is still expensive and he doesn't like to charge more for shipping than for the product itself. That was about a year or so ago, though, so who knows how he feels about it now.

Personally, I want a shirt that says "Defender of the Nifty" with the defenders shield on it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:08 pm 
Although if you wanted to cut down on shipping costs for stickers or magnets, you could always sell them packaged with the books.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:49 pm 
AOL: sugarraygross
FearTheMullet wrote:
*stumbles in wearing a "I DRANK WITH THE ADMIN AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS T-SHIRT" shirt*

Happy bberday Thlya! Good lukck ieth ther rest of the varnritis... I helped youo out and h d one!

FTM wrote this is Thylas birthday thread, but it actually sounds like a good idea. I might buy one. Tis funny and a lot of the people who read sluggy joined the forums. Hey, you never know.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:28 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: N00b4545
We've tried to push this idea onto Pete and Thyla somehwre else, but it was either A4 size Pun demon printables and/or pun demon..(You know, I forgot the name of those little yelow paper with the sticky glue on the back)

There was a thread where you could suggest Sluggy merchandise ideas over on the Defenders forums.
Several idea I thought of was a basic 'Riff's Notes' notepad (I'd buy one :riff: ) and more Sluggy Plushes, mainly Aylee in a few of her forms (Flying shocker, dragon and flower) and possibly some dorkier ones of Torg and Riff and such.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:33 am 
Yahoo Messenger: AreTeeSea
AOL: PsycoDraJin
Post-its.

And, I'd want some window-clings. So I could move them if I wantd.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:47 am 
I want a holiday wars plush bun-bun from the end after he takes over christmas.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:04 am 

http://store.sluggy.com/other-plush.html

Scroll allll the way down.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:27 am 
Thyla wrote:
http://store.sluggy.com/other-plush.html

Scroll allll the way down.

I can't believe I missed that. I must be more wasted than I thought. I guess I know where some of my money is going next friday.

tonight's dumb idea. what about sluggy action figures? who wouldn't want a little plastic Oasis or ninja Zoe on thier desk?

Board index » Chat Forums » Suggestions and Comments