Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Suggestions and Comments

Post subject: I Suggest We Lock WGARS
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:45 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Look, off topic chat (GC,POOP,WGARS) is on life support. I think we need a shock to the system. Lock WGARS, but keep it visible. Silly Threads just go to GC.

While we're at it, we could merge S&C with Important Threads, the consolidated forum being Important Threads. I'm not as sold on this idea as the WGARS one though. WGARS is dead. There's no use in denying it.

edit: Sorry, I used old terms. By off topic, I meant Chat forums. The Sluggy Related forums are fine.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:38 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
Hey Dodger. There's been a project to condense the boards into more broadly held topics for a few years. In fact i just checked and the Mods were discussing this way back in May of 2015. The proposal was to collapse GC, S&C, and WGARS into one thread, leaving POOP and intros as is, while also merging GRPG and FRPG.

Then Sluggy 20+ happened. The boards have had a resurgence, but only in On Topic because PLOT is happening.

There's been discussion to move to a Slack or Discord style board which is more Mobile friendly but that's totally out of the Board Staff's hands and firmly in Pete's.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:05 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Interesting! One of the things that makes this slow period so frustrating is how much traffic the Sluggy related stuff is getting with virtually no overflow into the chat forums whatsoever.

Back in the old days, when the Comic really got going, the extra traffic from SRC and Reactions almost always translated into more traffic for GC, POOP and WGARS.

*sigh*

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:18 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
This is me the Board member talking, not me the Mod talking, but IMHO i would have liked to see the boards as a whole migrate to a Slack or Discord format. Either is so much more mobile friendly. PHPBB was created in a world before we had the internet in our pockets and is just not worth the work to type and read on a pocket-sized screen.

Even the Sluggy group on Facebook doesn't get a lot of traction because FB's algorithms don't push it as much since it's a small group. An update missed here, an update missed there, and it's just unfollowed.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:31 pm 
Dodger77 wrote:
Look, off topic chat (GC,POOP,WGARS) is on life support. I think we need a shock to the system. Lock WGARS, but keep it visible. Silly Threads just go to GC.

While we're at it, we could merge S&C with Important Threads, the consolidated forum being Important Threads. I'm not as sold on this idea as the WGARS one though. WGARS is dead. There's no use in denying it.

edit: Sorry, I used old terms. By off topic, I meant Chat forums. The Sluggy Related forums are fine.

Nooooooooooo!

Board index » Chat Forums » Suggestions and Comments